Friday, January 16, 2009
Goodbye Pres Bush and Thanks for the Funnies
January 20 marks the day when US President George W. Bush ends his 8-year term. So let us commemorate his departure with the happy memories ummmmm funny memories rather that he's given us. Here are a couple of his hilarious verbal lapses...
1. "They misunderestimated me."
Bentonville, Arkansas, 6 November, 2000
2. "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."
Nashville, Tennessee, 17 September, 2002
> lol yeah dude you gotta brush up on your sayings or you'll make a fool of yourself, oops you already did...:P
3. "There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead."
Washington DC, 11 May, 2001
> lmfao, no comments
4. "The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorise himself."
Grand Rapids, Michigan, 29 January, 2003
5. "Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat."
Washington DC, 17 September, 2004
> this is why i suggested you brush up on your sayings, mixing two sayings doesnt really make it more intense....
6. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
Florence, South Carolina, 11 January, 2000
> :O are you?
7. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''
Townsend, Tennessee, 21 February, 2001
> hmmmmn did you?
8. "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
Reuters, 5 May, 2000
9. "I do remain confident in Linda. She'll make a fine Labour Secretary. From what I've read in the press accounts, she's perfectly qualified."
Austin, Texas, 8 January, 2001
10. "First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."
Washington DC, 19 May, 2003
11. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."
Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 6 September, 2004
> haha this is just retarded in so many levels
12. "Those who enter the country illegally violate the law."
Tucson, Arizona, 28 November, 2005
> duh isnt illegal supposed to mean violating the law...
13. "I have a different vision of leadership. A leadership is someone who brings people together."
Bartlett, Tennessee, 18 August, 2000
14. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
Washington DC, 5 August, 2004
> haha talk about confessing...
And the funniest...
"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."
CBS News, Washington DC, 6 September, 2006
Posted by Dinkz at 6:15 AM