Saturday, September 12, 2009

A lil tidbit bout my love-hate relationship with Religion

I usually wonder, is this generation really that doubtful about God or are we just exhibiting our conformist natures yet again? Come to think of it, we are conformists in all areas of life. May it be education, marriage, sex, even as consumers, all are based on the flow rather based on what the mass is doing or using. Our beliefs and ideas are clouded by the thoughts and ideas of those that are handed down to us. And we just follow them as fools. Even spirituality is untouched in this sense. The million dollar question however is: Is it really just our "y-variable-tendency" or our curious nature that's getting religion in hot waters?

I have no idea really. But as for myself, I'm an agnostic. I cared to dissect exactly what kind of an agnostic I was months ago but I've forgotten it now so let's just place it in lay-man's terms, I neither believe nor disbelieve until proven. I asked a lot of my Indian friends and I was surprised that most of them agreed with me and didn't care to uphold the ideals of Hinduism or religion in general even if they secretly were religious. For those who did, much respect however it didn't help to persuade me. Then back in Philippines, the faith was a little stronger, as most of my friends are quite vocal bout their spirituality.

But then why is it that believing in God or being spiritual needs to be associated to religion, to any specific one that is? I won't even go on about the mess religion has gotten us into, so why do we need set rules? I guess we humans need rules to remain grounded that's it. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. The last line is so true. we need set of protocols to guide us . We as humans are not strong enough to control ourselves because then we become someone heavenly.

    ReplyDelete